Registration for the New York StartUP! 2017 Business Plan Competition is now closed.
The New York Public Library, supported by the Citi Foundation, is proud to announce the 8th Annual New York StartUP! Business Plan Competition for New York-based startup entrepreneurs.
Entrants can win up to $15,000 to start their business, as well as gain practical insights about starting and growing a business, while using the comprehensive small business resources at NYPL’s Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL).
- You must live in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island
- Your business must be in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island
- Your business idea or model must be in the start-up phase and have earned less than $10,000
- Create an account
- Complete the online orientation session and quiz
- Attend 3 out of 4 technical workshops scheduled January 2017 – April 2017- View the schedule
- Meet regularly with a business advisor throughout the Competition
- Upload your business plan to the NY Start UP! 2017 site on FluidReview no later than midnight, June 6, 2017
- Create an account on this site ( Note:If you participated in the 2016 New York StartUP! Competition your name may already be in the FluidReview site and you will need to reset your password)
- Complete the online orientation and quiz on this site
- Submit an entry form on this site by midnight on Saturday,February 25, 2017 (Note: Creating an account doesn't mean that you've submitted an entry form)
- Upload your plan in PDF format to this site no later than midnight on June 6, 2017
- 1st Place Award: $15,000
- 2nd Place Award: $ 5,500
- 3rd Place Award: $ 3,000